Today’s Tech Tutorial tip is very helpful for all those Beginners who are newly entered into the WordPress World. In this step by step tech tutorial post, you will learn how to install a WordPress theme on your website. I will explain in details step by step guidance about the installation of WordPress theme.
Don’t worry about installing a WordPress theme; it’s very simple and very easy. There are so many ways to install a theme on WordPress website and in this post, I will explain all these in details.
Follow the below-given step by Step guidance to install a WordPress theme.
Install Theme from your WordPress directory:
The first and easiest way to install a theme on WordPress website is using WordPress Directory. In WordPress Directory, There are a variety of free themes available for free download. You can simply download a free theme from there and almost all category/field related themes are available for download absolutely free.
If you are a Tech Blogger like me and looking for a free theme then, there are so many technology news related themes available for download. Similarly, there are also plenty of free themes available for all business-related fields.
- First of all login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Then, Click on Appearance from the left side of your Dashboard Area.
- Now, click on Themes
- A new window will be open, click on Add New Button
- In the Search themes area, browse your field related theme
- Click on Install If you want to activate it right now, then click on the Activate button. That’s it.
Upload Your Theme from your Computer or Laptop:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on Appearance then Themes
- Click on Add New Button
- Now, Click on Upload Theme button and then Choose File
- Select your Theme from your Computer and Click on Open
- The theme will be uploaded and install in a while. Now if you want to activate it then click on Activate That’s it.
Install WordPress Theme Using your C Panel:
- Log in to your C Panel Account using your user name and password.
- Click on File Manager
- A new window will be open, double click on Public_html folder
- After that double click on the wp-content folder and then Themes folder
- Now, on the top of the menu click on the upload button
- A new window will be open, Click on Select File
- Browser your theme from your computer and click on
- Your theme will be uploaded in a while and you will see a message where they will show that 100% completed. now closed that window and come back to the previous one theme folder.
- Right click on that uploaded theme zip file and extract it.
- That’s it.