Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has introduced mobile phone registration service via USSD code. Mobile Phone users now can register their mobile phone by simply dialing *8484# from their cell phone. Now, No need to go to the PTA office for mobile phone registration. Mobile phone registration is at your fingertips now. Simply dial *8484# from your mobile phone and Register your mobile device at your home/office doorstep.
Using the PTA USSD Code service, you can also check your mobile phone registration status. Here we will explain in details about how to.
In this blog post, We will explain in very details about How to register your mobile phone using PTA USSD code and how to check your Mobile Registration status. It is very important for mobile users to check their mobile phone’s registration status before purchasing a new mobile phone whether either it’s registered with PTA or not?
With PTA USSD Code service, you can also check how many mobile devices are registered with your CNIC.
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has been improving their services day by day for the mobile users to make it very easy for them to register their mobile phone timely and save them from hurdles. As we previously published a detailed post about PTA’s Online Mobile Phone Registration System, where we shared a detailed method about how to register your mobile phone using PTA online DIRBS system. While in this blog post we will have a detail look on PTA Mobile Registration Service via USSD Code.
Is your mobile phone blocked by PTA due to not registration or not tax payment? don’t worry about that, no need to wait for the PTA office opening time. Pick your mobile phone and dial *8484# follow the instructions on your mobile screen and register your blocked phone with the PTA. Your Mobile phone will be unlocked after the necessary tax payment or any other instructions given by the PTA officials.
After dialing *8484# from your mobile phone, the below given 5 options message will come on your mobile screen. Have a detailed look at these 5 options.
- To register your Mobile Phone with PTA, press 1 from your Mobile Dial Pad and click on the Send button.
- If you want to track your registration status, press 2 and click on the send button.
- If you want to Delete your Mobile phone registration request, then press 3 and click on the send button.
- Using PTA USSD code, you can check how many mobile devices are registered with your CNIC number. Press 4 and click on the Send button to know about how many mobile phones are registered with your CNIC.
- The last one is about checking your device status, if you are going to purchase a new mobile phone, you must check the status of that phone to know about is that phone is registered with the PTA or not. Simply press 5 from your mobile phone and click on the Send button.
How to Register your Mobile Phone using PTA USSD Code Service, follow the below-given step by step detailed method.
- First of all, Dial *8484# from your mobile phone and you will receive a message on your mobile screen sent by PTA (have a look at the above shared screenshot).
- Now press 1 to register your mobile device and click on the Send button.
- You will receive a new message from PTA.
There are two types of users.
- Pakistani (Local/International Traveler/Dual Nationality Holder)
- Foreigner (Traveled on Visa).
- Press 1 for Pakistani user and click on the Send button.
- Now, you will receive a new message.
- Option 1: International Traveler (1st device) will require to enter their Passport number then CNIC number, then Single IMEI, Double IMEI, and Triple IMEI detailed information. After entering all the details, you will receive a message where they will ask you for the detailed you entered confirmation. You have to check all the details carefully and press 1 for confirmation, then click on the Send button. Now, you will receive a confirmation message from PTA “Dear Customer! Your request has been submitted to PTA, upon confirmation message will be sent.
- Option 2: International Traveler (Other 4 devices in calendar year) will require to enter their Passport and CNIC number, Single IMEI, Dual IMEI, Triple IMEI, Fourth IMEI (repeat the same as above).
- Option 3: Device registration subject to applicable tax will require to enter their CNIC number, Single IMEI, Dual IMEI, Triple IMEI, Fourth IMEI.